Curtis Lazar has every reason to be smiling. The
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Mercato
   PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Bellroll33

Pasturatore Senza licenza

Interessi: I like make new friends from the world, I like running and want to share more interesting and valuable feelings.
Impiego: jerseys
Sito web: http://www.authenticnf...

Squadra: sdfg
Allenamento: Regia
Modulo preferito: 5-4-1
Girone: sdsg
Iscritto ad HT: ytew

china
Messaggio Gio Set 05, 08:15:50 Rispondi citando

MONTREAL — Curtis Lazar has every reason to be smiling. The always good-humoured Ottawa Senators rookie on Monday was named captain of Canadas junior hockey team for the upcoming world championship in Toronto and Montreal. Im very honoured to have this opportunity, and Im going to take full advantage of it and go out there and play hard for my country, Lazar told reporters at a hockey charity event in Montreal. I know theres a lot of responsibility that comes along with this, but Im just going to try to take it in stride and be myself. Canadas coaching staff gave Lazar the news Monday morning, shortly after the team arrived in Montreal from Ottawa where Canada beat Sweden 5-2 in an exhibition game on Sunday. True to character, the Salmon Arm, B.C., native was grinning from ear to ear when he was told. As usual, I was smiling, said the 19-year-old, who was drafted 17th overall by the Senators in 2013. Its pretty cool. I didnt know it was coming. Anyone could have it. Im very honoured that my peers and my coaching staff think very highly of me. Im a pretty positive guy for the most part. Im always smiling and trying to keep the guys light. I like to lead by example. I really focus on little details, and I think that goes a long way. I want unity within the dressing room. Regardless of where youre from in Canada, were part of a team now. No one is bigger than the team. Lazar, who has a goal and six assists in 27 games with Ottawa this season, was loaned to Canada by the Senators last week. He is one of seven returning players from last years tournament in Malmo, Sweden, where Canada finished fourth. One year later, Lazar is thinking of redemption. I was disappointed with how we played last year and the result we got, he said, looking back on Canadas semifinal loss against Finland, and the defeat to Russia in the bronze-medal game. Second chances dont come around too often. Were fortunate to have this chance. Connor McDavid of the Erie Otters and Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice will serve as alternate captains for the tournament, which officially gets underway on Dec. 26. McDavid and Reinhart also represented Canada at the 2014 junior championship and were teammates at the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship, where the Canadians won the gold medal. The 17-year-old McDavid, who is touted as the best forward in the upcoming 2015 NHL draft, had nothing but praise for his new captain. Hes always positive, and he always has a smile on his face, McDavid said of Lazar. Nothing seems to bring him down. Hes the perfect guy for the job. The ups and downs of this tournament are pretty crazy, but he never seems to go down. Hes going to be a good captain. McDavid, who played for the first time on Sunday since breaking his right hand in November, has a blistering 51 points for the Otters in 18 games this season. Reinhart, meanwhile, played nine games with the Buffalo Sabres at the start of this season before returning to the Western Hockey League in October. To wear a letter is something special, said McDavid. But there are 22 leaders on this team — its not just three guys. The letter is special, but everyone is a leader. Head coach Benoit Groulx knows exactly what kind of player it takes to lead a team to victory. Sam, Curtis and Connor have the same qualities, said Groulx, winner of three Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championships as head coach. Theyre great young men, they want to win, theyre great hockey players, and they want to make a difference. This is what you need in your leadership group. It was an obvious choice. Although hes just 19, Lazar wants to use his world junior and NHL experience to guide some of the younger players on Canadas roster. He says he wants them to pay attention to detail, and to really enjoy the tournament. But overall, Lazar wants to win. He wants to know what it means to wear a gold medal around his neck. It would be very cool, he said. Thats one thing I want to check off my junior resume. Canada plays one more exhibition game versus Switzerland on Tuesday before their tournament opens on Boxing Day with a game against Slovakia at the Bell Centre in Montreal. Notes: The Canadians will also play Germany, Finland and the United States in the group stage. … Canadas junior team gathered at McGill Universitys McConnell Arena in Montreal on Monday to help launch The Big Play program, which aims to get kids across the country in minor hockey. … Lazar also played at the 2012 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge and with Canadas mens under-18 team. … The world junior gold medal game will be played Jan. 5 in Toronto.
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
. Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away.
." Argos general manager Jim Barker uttered those words during an interview with TSN 1050 radio just prior to the CFLs annual free agent frenzy.
. Of all the names out there who could realistically be dealt by Wednesdays deadline, Ryan Kesler remains No. 1 on the most desired list. And while were not sure if theyre any closer to a deal, we now have a defined price.
.Pete Morelli said the back judge threw a flag on Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens on a pass to Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew in Dallas 24-20 wild-card win Sunday. But the head linesman said there wasnt enough contact and that Hitchens was face-guarding, which isnt a penalty in the NFL.
. -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday.PHOENIX - Isaiah Thomas scored 23 points in his Phoenix debut, Marcus Morris matched his career high with five 3-pointers and the Suns dominated their season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers 119-99 on Wednesday night despite Kobe Bryants 31 points.Goran Dragic scored 12 of his 18 points in the third quarter, when the Suns outscored the Lakers 39-24 and led by as many as 29.Phoenixs Eric Bledsoe had 16 points and nine assists before he drew his second technical foul and was ejected with 30 seconds left in the third quarter.The Lakers were blown out for the second night in a row, dropping their opener at home to Houston 108-90 on Tuesday night, losing first-round draft pick Julius Randle for the season with a broken leg in the process.Marcus Morris scored 21 points. Twin brother Markieff added 12.The high-energy Suns, who won a surprising 48 games last season but failed to make the playoffs in the tough Western Conference, made 16 3-pointers, one more than their high of last season.Bryant, 11 of 25 from the field, didnt play in the fourth quarter. Ed Davis scored 14 points and Wayne Ellington 13 for Los Angeles.The Lakers trailed only 61-55 after Jordan Hills two free throws with 11:15 left in the third quarter. But Dragic led the Suns on a 34-11 outburst and Phoenix was up 95-66 after Marcus Morriis 3-pointer with 2:22 left in the period.ddddddddddddBledsoe drew his second technical moments after referee Mark Davis told Suns coach Jeff Hornacek to calm the guard down. The second T came after Bledsoe collided with Bryant going for a rebound. Bryant also drew a technical foul in the game.The Suns shot out to an 18-point first-quarter lead but the Lakers, with Bryant on the bench, used a 13-1 run to get back in it.A pair of 21-footers by Ellington and one from the same range by Hill capped the run and cut it to 34-26. The Lakers cut the lead to four three times, the last at 43-39 on Bryants 18-footer with 6:25 left in the half.But Bledsoe came back in the game and scored seven consecutive points — a 3-pointer, slick fastbreak move and two free throws — to put the Suns up 50-39. They led 59-50 at the half.TIP-INSLakers: Ellington was back after missing the opener with a concussion. ... Forward Ryan Kelly missed his second game with a sore right hamstring.Suns: Forward P.J. Tucker is serving a three-game suspension that resulted from his off-season DUI arrest. ... First-round draft pick Tyler Ennis, the Suns fourth point guard, played the final quarter.UP NEXTLakers: Host the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night.Suns: Host the reigning NBA champion San Antonio Spurs on Friday night. ' ' '

Apri Firma

Profilo Messaggio privato HomePage
Adv

Messaggio Gio Set 05, 08:15:50

Apri Firma

Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Mercato Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: